I realized earlier this week that we have been out of town at least some part of every weekend since the weekend before Thanksgiving. That leaves enough time at home just to catch up on laundry and keep things somewhat picked up. Alan asked me yesterday if I wanted to go again this weekend. I said you can, but I am staying home. I think he will stay home too. Too much traveling for us. So...here is a few picture from the past couple of weeks.
Sadie asked Santa for a pink scooter. She wasn't disappointed; here she is crusin' in the kitchen. (There is still too much snow and it is much too cold to scooter outside.)

Sawyer had bigger ideas. He asked Santa for "a truck dis BIG." Meaning a truck he could get in and drive and take his sister for a ride. Thanks to KSL and people who have children that have outgrown their Power Wheels, Santa was able to oblige and not feel bad about it. He was SO excited once he realized what it was. Yes, that's right, when Sawyer first went into the living room, he looked at his truck, but he didn't know what it was. He climbed over it and grabbed the Cars DVD, still didn't know what it was. Then Alan said, "What did you want Santa to bring you?" Sawyer answered while looking around, "I wanted a...WHOA!!" Then he saw it. He grinned ear to ear. He is a pretty good driver...better than Sadie...and it is still in the house for the same reasons as Sadie's scooter.

Christmas evening, we headed to Grannie and Grampa's to open presents. They got a WII for Christmas and Sawyer and Sadie love to play it. Here is Sawyer playing Mario Kart.

The next morning Grampa took the kids for snow mobile rides in sub-zero temperatures. They loved it. Sawyer thought it was kinda like a four-wheeler only it goes on snow. I think he is right.
.JPG)
Then we headed to Alan's parents for their Christmas party. The kids love playing with their cousins. Sadie loved going sledding and Sawyer loved riding the four-wheeler. Here is Sadie with Grandma.

Here is Sawyer with his new tool kit

Next we celebrated New Years. We all had colds so we stayed home and partied alone. We played games.


And ate delicious Muddy Buddies. I let the kids stay up to watch the ball drop at 10 then they were ready for bed. We had a fun time.
.JPG)
On the 2nd, I took Sawyer's crib down. (He has been sleeping in it as a toddler bed.) We put a big boy bed in his room which he LOVES. He wants to be big like his sister. When I was carrying the crib mattress down the stairs Alan suggested I slide down the stairs on it. I used to do that all the time when my mom wasn't home, so I decided to try it one more time. Sadie caught me and wanted to try. She LOVED it. We let her slide down several times before putting the mattress in the storage room. Sawyer didn't want to slide down, but he liked giving his sister a little shove. Now I am just catching up and planning on spending the whole weekend, maybe month, at home.
5 comments:
It's fun to be able to visit, but home is best. It was nice to see you, and thanks for the help with the music.
What a whirlwind!! Whew. I'm glad you'll be home a little more, too. The mattress story struck my funny bone the best! You go girl!
You must have a nicer crib mattress than ours. I'm pretty sure ours would see its end after one trip. Adam would sure love it though. In fact, I'd better not let my kids see this post at all. Between that and the ride in car they'd be unbearably envious.
I love the picture of Sadie on her way down the stairs!! So fun.
k a few things... that picture of your two kids at the top is adorable! so cute
sliding down with the mattress is classic! totally have memories of doing this when i was younger (with my mom not home too!ha)
and did sadie really draw that picture??? wow. i can honestly say that she can draw better than me! that's not hard to beat but that is impressive! looks like you guys had a great christmas. love looking at your blog:)
Post a Comment