Sadie, Sawyer, Canyon and Dallas

Sadie, Sawyer, Canyon and Dallas

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

"I'm a Big Kid Now!"

Today is Sawyer's 2nd birthday. I can't believe he is already 2. It is crazy how fast the time goes. He has been learning and growing so much. He weighs 26 lbs and is 33.5 in. tall. That is about the 27th percentile. He talks all the time. I am not sure how many words he says, I quit counting in January when he hit 100. He is learning too many words too fast and I can't keep up. He has started saying short sentences as well. He loves his big sister...he especially loves to tease her which she, of course, hates. He has springs on his feet. He is always jumping and hopping and galloping everywhere he goes. He also loves to be outside. He loves animals, except snakes, things that go like tractors, trucks, trains, helicopters and four-wheelers and dinosaurs. He makes the silliest faces and keeps us laughing. He is so big. This is him in his Big Boy Bed. Well...his crib transformed. He loves it and surprisingly, he stays in it pretty well.

About two months ago Sawyer decided he wanted to wear big boy pants, aka underwear. He is doing really well and is mostly potty trained. I haven't really tried to train him at night yet, but during the day, he does stays dry most of the time. Hooray! No more poopy diapers!

Now, since it is his birthday...You get to be bombarded with pictures of the last two years.

Brand-new Baby Boy! April 10, 2007

End of April 2007

Blessing Day, June 2007

November 2007

One year old--April 2008

August 2008

Say Cheese! November 2008

Ready for church--January 2009

Riding the dump truck--February 2009

I think this picture is funny. We were driving and I guess I had the radio up too high. He plugged his ears and went to sleep. Since then, he plugs his ears most of the time he is trying to sleep in the car. March 2009

And here is his two-year old picture. He is such a handsome kid.
Happy Birthday Sawyer. We love you!

11 comments:

Caleb said...

he is a cutie. Hope he has a happy day!

Launi said...

he is so adorable! happy birthday, sawyer!

Jessica Sorensen said...

That last picture is so cute how did you get him to pose like that?

Amanda said...

What a cute little guy. Your kids are adorable! And you are so lucky he is into the potty training thing. Aubrey want's nothing to do with it. It's funny how different kids can be.

The Threet Family said...

How fun. I am so impressed that you have him potty trained and sleeping in a real bed at two. You are amazing.

Morwood Family said...

I cried when Evey turned 2 and now she is almost four. He is so cute, I hope we get to see you guys this summer.

Megan said...

I'm surprised I found ya! Your kids are growing up too fast! They sure are darling though! How is life?

Kara said...

He is just so darn cute! How in the world did you get that perfect last photo? I can barely get my kids to smile if they're wearing church clothes. So handsome!

Kirk said...

he is a cute kid. 2 years old. that is crazy!

Natalie said...

Alan-I am so excited to have found your blog! Your kids are adorable. It is so fun to see what you are up to.

Erin Brady said...

What a doll! I can't believe he's two already.