
I woke up this morning to more snow. I love snow in the winter, but winter should be over now. Can't Mother Nature give my poor little tulips a break. They are trying so hard to bloom. This yellow one is the only one that has succeeded. The others are trying but it keeps snowing on them. On a good note, the snow had all melted by noon unlike our storms in December and January which leave a foot of snow that doesn't melt for months.
Moving on....we had a wonderful Easter with Alan's family. They always go to a place they call Easter Rock where the Easter Bunny had hidden tons of candy. The kids love it. Sawyer would find pieces and then say, "Dun, dun, dun."

Sawyer at Easter Rock

Sadie at Easter Rock

All of the cousins coloring Easter Eggs. I only posted a fourth of the table. Here is left to right, Sarah, Amberli, Sadie, Lyndsey, Bradley, Brady, and Landon. Sadie was mastering two colored eggs, not double dunked, but half and half. She had a great time. Sawyer had a great time too.

Now for Sawyer's birthday. It was a beautiful day so at the last minute we decided to invite some of our friends to go to the park for cake with us. Sawyer didn't actually get to blow out his candles because there was a slight breeze that blew them out for him, but he still blew. I didn't feel too bad because earlier that week we had cake with these same friends and Alex (the cute little girl with the pink flower) insisted that there be candles so they let Sawyer blow them out and the day after that Grannie and Grampa came up to celebrate Sawyer and Grampa's birthdays and we let the both blow out candles in cupcakes.

Here is his cake. It is a dinosaur.
7 comments:
cute cake!
you did a nice job on the cake. And what fun to be able to go to the park.
Cute kids! I grew up with Alan and we are trying to find addresses in hopes of having a 10 year class reunion this summer. I was wondering if you could email me your address? ljones_8@yahoo.com, Thanks!
I remember going to Easter Rock when Brandon was just little. It was such a blast!
Love the new picture in your header, it is so cute!
I'm glad you found me! YOur little family is so cute, im glad life is good!
I love checking your blog. I can't believe how big your kids are getting. Sawyer is so handsome, and Sadie is getting prettier and prettier. I can't get over those long golden locks!
I thought it was cute when Sadie informed me that the Easter Bunny lives at Easter Rock. Of course, he does, where else would he live?
Thanks for inviting us to Sawyer's birthday party at the park. We had a great time. Your cake was awesome too!
We miss you already! I received your card! We were so happy to get mail. I'll try to write back today! Love you!
Post a Comment