Sadie, Sawyer, Canyon and Dallas

Sadie, Sawyer, Canyon and Dallas

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Crash! Boom! Bang!

On Tuesday, we walked to the library and then we walked to the park. Well, I walked, Sawyer rode in the stroller and Sadie rode her bike. On the way home from the park, Sadie was, as she puts it, "going way too fast" and drove her bike off the edge of the sidewalk. Now that may not seem too serious, but the spot she 'chose' to crash happens to drop off about 3 1/2 or 4 feet. She went off head first. I didn't see it happen because Sawyer and I were looking at the little stream. I heard her crying then I saw her trying to get out. She was covered in dirt, her nose was bleeding, her lip was bleeding and her gums were bleeding. She looked terrible. It was very sad. Luckily, my friend had decided to have her husband come and get her from the park (her little boy didn't want to ride his bike anymore and she is too pregnant to push a stroller and his bike) and they stopped and took us home too because Sadie did not want to ride her bike home. When I cleaned her up, I found that the most painful part of her face was her cheek and by the evening, she had her first black eye. Poor kid. Amazingly, it is almost all the way healed now. I am so glad she wasn't hurt worse. Thanks again Jenn for picking us up. It wouldn't have been a pleasant walk home.



This is about where she fell. It is at least as tall as her.

This is her poor scraped up face.

Her black eye the next day.

9 comments:

The Slacks. said...

Oh how sad! Thanks for the comment, i was excited they turned out so well. You have such a cute little family! I can totally tell that sawyer is a morwood, he reminds me of Dallon when he was little!

Shalyse said...

Poor Sadie! That makes me so sad! I always thought that should be fenced off differently. I am glad she has healed quickly! We miss you!

collinandjennisenash said...

Goodness she took a good fall. I'm glad all she got was a black eye though it could have been worse.

Kara said...

Oh my goodness, that looks like a heck of a fall! Poor girl. I'm glad she didn't get hurt worse.

EmmaLee said...

Poor little thing. With all those scrapes and bruises she is still such a beautiful little girl. I'm glad she is doing so well.

Caleb said...

too bad you didn't get a picture with her in boxing gloves before the black eye went away.

Jenn Mobbs said...

I still can't believe how well & how quickly her face healed.

Jordan and Mandy said...

Poor Sadie! I am glad that she is doing a lot better!

Amber said...

I'm sorry for your fall, Sadie! Glad you got better so quick! Thanks for coming to Valerie's party.