Sadie, Sawyer, Canyon and Dallas

Sadie, Sawyer, Canyon and Dallas

Monday, November 30, 2009

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

At least at our house. But first....Happy Thanksgiving! We had a great Thanksgiving with my family with good food and lots of game playing. The kids were completely tuckered out.

Sadie had a ton of fun playing Operation at Grannie's. The rest of us had a ton of fun listening to her and Sawyer giggle at the silly things Homer was saying. (Grannie's Operation game is Simpson's style.)


Then it was off to the hills to find the perfect Christmas tree. We found the very last one. Seriously...this was the only tree the right shape and size in the whole area.
The kids decorated most of the tree. They love to do it and even though some of our ornaments are clustered and it doesn't look perfectly decorated, I love letting them. Now our house smells like pine. I love it. With the tree, the pine smell and the Christmas music blaring, it is hard not to be in the Christmas spirit.


This picture is completely unrelated. Sawyer found Alan's tools and decided the bike needed fixed. I found him like this with a screwdriver in one hand and plumbers putty in the other fixing the bottom of the bike.



6 comments:

Heidi said...

I love the picture of Sawyer. It's nice when our kids imitate the good things we do. We could use some more of those handyman skills at our house. In fact we want to pay someone to finish one room in our basement before the baby comes in June. Let me know if Alan would be interested in coming to visit us sometime and do the job even though we're clear up here in ID. I'd prefer to pay family rather then some stranger who might give me the creeps when I'm home alone.

Kirk said...

my favorite is the picture of Sawyer fixing the bike!

Russell, Tiffany and Emily said...

I love the smell of real Christmas trees. It definitely gets you in the Christmas spirit. There is nothing like it!

Amber said...

I have seen your tree lit from the road. Beautiful!!! Hope to see it in person before it's Christmas. Sawyer is not only trouble but he is also a Ham!!! Very funny pic.

Jenn Mobbs said...

I love the pictures of Sawyer. So funny. Glad you got a perfect tree!

The Threet Family said...

I helped the kids decorate our tree, but they have since then rearranged everything. There are no decoratioins in the middle of the tree and they are all on the bottom. It is wonderful! I love Christmas time.