Sadie, Sawyer, Canyon and Dallas

Sadie, Sawyer, Canyon and Dallas

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Happy Halloween

We went to visit family for Halloween this year. Our niece was baptized on Halloween too so we attended that. It was good to see family. We carved pumpkins with my brother and his friends.

Sadie chose a design. I helped her trace it onto her pumpkin. She did almost all of the actual carving herself. She didn't want us to help her at all.
This is Sawyer's pumpkin. The mouth is on the back because that is where he wanted it. Alan did all of the carving but Sawyer directed him.

Here is Sadie with her finished pumpkin. I think she did a pretty good job on her haunted house. I bet in a couple of years she will be able to carve stuff like this without a pattern. I am not sure I can with a pattern.


After the baptism, we went trick-or-treating. Here is Sadie. She is a fairy.


Sawyer is a frog. He fell asleep right before it was time to go. He wasn't very happy to be woke up for pictures.
Were ready to go!

Grannie came trick-or-treating with us. It was fun.

At one of the first houses we went to, a guy came to the door with a mask. Sawyer jumped then froze with terror and screamed. He calmed down and the the scary, mean man came back. He froze and screamed all over again. After that, we had to force him to go to every door and I had to tell him over and over that there wasn't going to be anymore scary people. The poor kid. (This was not the scary house)

6 comments:

Caleb said...

Oh fun! They are so cute in their costumes and did a great job on the pumpkin carving.

EmmaLee said...

Wow Sadie is so amazing. I don't know that I could have done that well myself. Your mom still looks just the same. I hope I look that good when I am a grandma!

Amber said...

Sadie looks so good in her fairy dress. You did such a great job. I love Sawyer's sad face frog. I would've screamed too!!!

Jenn Mobbs said...

You did a great job on the costumes. They are terrific.

Morwood Family said...

He looks like a very grumpy frog but very cute. :) Sounds like you had a great Halloween.

Painty (aka Melinda) said...

So cute! I love the frog costume.