Sadie, Sawyer, Canyon and Dallas

Sadie, Sawyer, Canyon and Dallas

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Umm...is it really the end of August?!?!?


This has been a very crazy summer at our house. We haven't been home much and when we have been home we have been busy doing fun summer time things. I am so ready for school to start so that we HAVE to be home so Sadie can go to school. Here are just a few of the things that have kept us occupied this summer...

We have went swimming a lot. Sadie is becoming a little fish and Sawyer at least doesn't cry anymore...unless I make him go in the lazy river which Sadie loves...

We have done fireworks

We have watched fireworks.

We have watched a couple of parades. The kids sure love them!

I'm not really sure what they are doing, but Sawyer is helping!

We went to Lagoon. When these bumper cars stopped, Sawyer got out and opened the hood to fix it. His hands were covered in grease.



I had a birthday.

Sadie decorated my cake.

Sawyer made dinner.

We attended the mission farewells of these three great missionaries, Loni and Jade (brother and sister) and Heidi. They are Sadie and Sawyer's cousins and they left within two weeks of each other.



We have played with cousins at Grandma's.


We have helped Alan mow the lawn.

We have went camping.

I just think this is funny. He tried to wear his flip-flops like this every day.

We have went fishing.

Sawyer quit peeing the bed and earned his very own lawn mower.


We have made cookies.


Alan and I celebrated our 7th anniversary. We left the kids with Grannie and Grampa and went away over night. We have never left the kids over night before. It was a great break and I hope it isn't another seven years before we do it again.

We have also spent a lot of time at Grannie's because Alan has been working down there a lot and my orthodontist is there. We have went to the park and played with friends too. This week I finally feel like I might catch up on my neglected housework. I pulled most of the weeds (the front yard looks pretty good...the back, not so much), caught the laundry up, cleaned the house top to bottom, caught up American Legacy's Quickbooks and balanced my checkbook. Now maybe I can put my feet up and read my book...oh wait, I have to take Sadie to her soccer game. Maybe school starting won't help...

3 comments:

Erin Brady said...

Busy, busy summer. I have a feeling that it never ends! I love the picture of Sawyer helping Alan fix the car. That's pretty much the cutest thing ever.

painty (Melinda) said...

Isn't summer so fun and so exhausting at the same time? I love the picture of Sawyers flip flops on his cute little feet.

Shalyse said...

I love that Sawyer got a lawn mower for being fully potty trained! Had he been asking for one?