Sadie designed the cake. She had it drawn on paper weeks before her actual birthday. I wasn't sure how I was going to make the birds, but it turns out flattened candy works really well.
She wanted to play "Pin the Pig" I told her she had to draw it. My creativity only goes so far. She had a fun time at her party and I think her friends did too.
Now for some other stuff. The first day of school:
Our pretty little 2nd grader.
A very excited Kindergartner.
Okay, maybe he is a little...or maybe a lot...scared. He still will only go to class if his new best friend is there. I am not sure what to do about it. He loves school once he gets there, but he really struggles every morning getting dropped off.Monster truck ride:
On Labor Day weekend, there was a Monster Truck giving rides. We had planned on going camping, but I got the flu and wasn't up to cleaning and packing the camp trailer, plus I didn't want to get my extended family sick so we stayed home. The kids loved the ride. I think this is my first summer ever that I didn't go camping at least once...oh well, Little Canyon is worth it.
Sadie fell asleep reading the kids scripture stories. She has now read all four volumes of them and she can tell you just about any story that is in there.
Sawyer set up an Apple Stand selling apples from our trees. He came up with the idea and got everything ready all by his self. I told him how to spell "apples" and Alan convinced him that $1 was too much for 1 apple. So far he has sold $9.50 worth of apples, some individually and some in boxes. He is pretty excited about it.
Canyon is now 8 weeks old. I can't believe how fast the time is going. He is smiling more and more and making cute little cooing noise. He is a good baby and we are enjoying him immensely. I still haven't figured out how to get any where on time, but I'm working on it and eventually I will figure it out.
I caught this smile on camera.
It's soccer time. Sadie and Sawyer are both playing. It is crazy. Most of their games overlap and we spend a lot of time at the soccer fields. It has been fun, but I am kind of glad that next week is the last week.
Sadie's team
3 comments:
so much fun stuff going on with you guys! :) your kiddos are all so cute and creative!
I loved the cake! I might have to do that one for one of the boys...or me!
Sounds like a fun summer! I love the angry birds cake. It turned out awesome.
Post a Comment