Sadie, Sawyer, Canyon and Dallas
Sunday, August 30, 2009
The rest of August...
We have awesome neighbors who helped us un-bury our truck. I am so grateful for all of their help.
When we finally got it unburied, our insurance company came out and gave us an estimate on the damage. We chose to keep the money to either fix the truck ourselves or buy a different one. We found an awesome deal on a newer truck and now our poor gray truck is for sale. It needs a new bed, but otherwise it is fine.
We went to the Dinosaur Museum at Thanksgiving point. It was pretty cool. My kids especially liked the brontosaurs. I liked the giant turtle, the mammoth and the stegosaurus. We had fun.
Sadie started soccer last week. She is the blue #4 separated from the other kids. The first game she spent in la-la land. She was afraid of hurting the other kids and getting hurt. Her second game we showed her how shin-guards work and told her not to worry about getting hurt. She did awesome and had a lot more fun.
This weekend Alan went hunting with some of his brothers. I went to my mom's to visit my grandma and to learn how to bottle tomatoes. Here is our beautiful work. When we got home, I noticed our cat Callie was acting funny and noticeably thinner. Then I heard a tiny "meow, meow" and I looked under the shed only to find we have three more kittens. I can't get to them to take a picture. I knew Callie was pregnant but I didn't expect her to have kittens for at least another ten days. It is a pleasant surprise.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Good job with the tomatoes! They look tasty!
I love the story of Sadie playing soccer. Looks like you guys have had a busy time this month. I agree that the tomatoes do look tasty.
Looks like you had a busy month. I'm glad everything worked out with your truck. I think your kids will really enjoy the new kittens.
Looks like you guys have had fun! Thats funny about Sadie and la la land, thats pretty much how i spent my soccer days too ha ha. Are you going to lake powell with everyone next weekend?
Post a Comment