The Saturday before Memorial Day we headed out with some of Alan's family to see the Grand Canyon. The kids were excellent in the car and we had a good time.
.JPG)
I nearly had a panic attack while my kids climbed on some rocks where the drop off was quite severe. I am glad we just had the two of them, one for me and one for Alan, or I may have actually had the panic attack. If one of them fell, it would be a long way down.

"Mom, this looks like a good place to hide."
We took the long way home and stopped off at Navajo Bridge. The Colorado River is absolutely beautiful from here. My kids wanted to throw rocks in...all the signs said that we couldn't do that so they had to just look.
My pictures don't do it justice; it was much prettier than this picture shows..JPG)
"I am so done with pictures Mom..." (At least Sawyer seems happy.)
It was a long drive and a very long day and I came home with a horrible headache, but it was worth the trip and we are glad we went. Oh yes, and Sadie was very bummed that there was no place to swim there. I am really not sure why she thought we would be swimming...probably because I told her there was a river in the bottom, but as soon as we got there, she said, "Mom will you get my swim suit and my floaties so I can swim?"
3 comments:
I'm glad you had a good time, though the grand Canyon is a bit scary in spots.
It is a bummer that they don't let you throw rocks. Kudos for not having a panic attack. I hear ya.
Your kids are cute! I love what Sadie said about swimming! So cute! Love your family picture too!
Post a Comment